Monday 3 March 2014

Parallax in February 2014

I was initially invited to be part of Parallax last October '13 after Chris Barlow (an art historian) got in touch with me and said that he had seen my illustration work on the AOI portfolios. 

I was glad to be asked to be part of Parallax again in February, it was good to be among such a range of artists; a Spanish sculptress, a Spanish painter, a Swedish painter, a Jeweller, a Japanese artist who makes beautiful lamps using a very old Bizen style pottery, a sculptor from the Netherlands, some great print makers...the list is long. There was a good spirit and I think the whole event with it's new affordable format for artists to get out there could really take off. The private view was packed full and I have never felt so hot in my life, really great to catch up with some professional friends who I am thankful to for making it along.

I enjoyed introducing people to my work over the three days, it was a buzz to talk about it now that I have presented a fuller scope of the whole Domestic Bliss Graphic Novel series. I exhibited originals and also sketch book narrative as well as copy's of episode one and two, I made a few sales too.


No comments:

Post a Comment